Why paying your tithes?: Tithing doesn’t supposed to be a difficult commandment for believers to believe. It ought to have been a joyful thing to do. In Mal 3:10-12 will be our simple case studies here on the issue of why we should be paying our tithes. Note, there is different between giving an offering and paying of tithe and there is also a big differences between tithe and tithes.
The added letter (s) to the word of tithe symbolizes a continuation of tithe and also an institutional versions of tithe. But let us not go into all that details to save time here. For more details on tithing, the three different types of tithing and so on, get my book titled: (THE PRINCIPLES OF FINANCIAL PROSPERITY) Almost everything about giving, seeding, sacrifices and tithing are written there and you can’t possibly finish reading that book and ever remain the same again.
One of the reasons, you are asked to be paying your debt is that, the word tithe is translated as a tax in the circular world. The government of every nations takes taxes from their citizens for the enabling environments they have created for them to dwell in and trade, such as, the amenities; road access, electricity, water, schools, medical, security etc. So collecting of taxes from their citizens and others alike is part of the ways they generate revenues for maintenance of those amenities they have created for the benefits of their citizens likewise tithe in the realm of the spirit. You might be wondering, what spiritual amenities did God create for you that he expects you to be paying your tithe for? I may not entirely be able to name all here, but let’s take a look at just about two or three;
- The earth planet you are living in: the government are not the creator of the earth planet. They are merely the caretaker of the geographical location they occupied and yet they are collecting taxes for the enabling environments they provided for you in that their region. Likewise God is saying, you should equally return to him one tenth of all your income for providing the earth for you to dwell in.
- Your life and the air that you breathe in: Life was giving to us for free but yet, it requires proper and good care for our lives to live long here on earth. It is require of us by God to be mindful of the places we go to, of the life we live and of the things we indulge in for the safety of us. Have you ever been to hospital to see how expensive it is use life oxygen for intake and outtake of air that God had originally given to you freely? If medical experts charges very high for given you a temporal oxygen, and God isn’t charging you for any dime rather simply asking you to be paying him just one tenth of all your income, won’t you rather do God’s own than to do medical’s own?
- Security/teachers: No country can survive without security or people to teach them how to become whatever they ever desire to become. A country without a proper security is extremely vulnerable to attack and a country without adequate teachers in every departments of life will not strive and flourish. So all these requires cost for maintenance and one of the easiest way to get them running properly for the benefits of the users is to ensure a stable maintenance. These are some of the reasons, countries, and exact taxes; to pay the people working in those departments and others departments of life. So spiritually, God equally have his ordained workers as securities, which are called watchmen, Ezekiel 3:17 and teachers to help teach you how to know him God, Exodus 18:20. So it is not a sin, for a man to pay for what he has used and enjoys using. That is why, tithing is not giving rather it is demanded as a debt already owned to God.
Don’t rob God: “Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.” | Mal 3:8. Any time you refuse to pay your tithe, God holds you responsible as a thief. And every thief is cursed. ” Ye [are] cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, [even] this whole nation” | Mal 3:9. Whether you believe it not, no matter how wealthy you are, you would rather prefer to generously give something to someone who you don’t know from Adams than to allow a thief to steal it from you. No man ever prays to be robbed. It is written, whosoever caught stealing, shall pay back fourfold of whatsoever he stole. So it is far safer to pay your dues than to withhold it. It is far safer to ask than to steal. Asking without given has no curse but taking without permission can amounts to shame and curses.
The benefits of paying your tithes:
- God will opens the windows of heaven and pour down an over flowing blessing upon you and your house; “…if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].” | Mal 3:10.
- God will rebuke the devourer (destroyer) for your sake; “…And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,” | Mal 3:11.
- God will protects your life and business against Satanic destruction; “…and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground;” | Mal 3:11.
- God will not only protect your business but will also preserves whatever your goodly form of resources for appropriate production; “…neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts” | Mal 3:11.
- All Nations and everyone that sees you shall know that you are blessed and shall begin to call you a blessed person; “… And all nations shall call you blessed” | Mal 3:12.
- You shall become a delightsome land (A fertile land) for everyone to do business with and partner with; “… for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts. “ | Mal 3:12.
These are the reasons; you should be paying your tithes. You don’t need prayer to attain all these, all you need do, are to obey the commandment of God for tithing and as you are faithful to it, and God will be faithful to bring all these to pass in your life in the mighty name of JESUS CHRIST.
THE AMOUNT TO PAY AS TITHE?
Is 10% of all your incomes.
HOW TO BE A FAITHFUL TITHER…
Cultivate the habit of writing down, every income that comes into your hand whether small or big, whether via working or favour. If the amount is too small for you to pay as tithe, keep it safe somewhere you can’t touch and keep adding to it until it gets to a volume that you can pay it.
For instance, you are a salary worker, and you earn your salary every month, if along the working days, someone gives you a favour, maybe N2,000 and N200 supposed to be your tithe, in other not to eats God’s own, it is advisable to keep it somewhere safe or use it and subtract it from your salary in addition to your monthly tithe.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I PAY MY TITHE?
As often as you get money and as often you can. You can be paying daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually. It is depends your capacity of remembrance, faithfulness and discipline.